- The sensitivity of 1 set of blood cultures is 65%, while 2 sets is >95%. Always get 2!
- Staph and Strep are common causes of endocarditis - always cover with vancomycin empirically.
- Compartment syndrome of the leg is most common with tibial fractures, and commonly involves the anterior compartment or the deep posterior compartment.
- A key physical exam finding in the diagnosis of compartment syndrome is pain upon passive motion of the big toe.
- Wheeless, CR (2011) Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics