Lee Garvey, MD
- Toddler’s fractures may be missed on the normal two views. Consider getting an oblique view.
- Pediatrics upper airway management requires significant forethought. Have your second and third backups ready.
- For suspected epiglottitis, do NOT agitate the child until ENT/anesthesia available. NO IVs, NO meds, just transfer.
- Proper documentation for likely viral URI
- Position of uvula
- Erythema of tonsillar pillars
- Symmetry of tonsils
- No pain on external manipulation of larynx
- No trismus