Kelley Cardeira, MD
- 13% prevalence of thromboembolic disease in all COPD patients. 30% prevalence in atypical presentations.
- Those at high risk of contrast "allergy" are those with previous reactions, asthma, or ANY severe allergy (not more likely with seafood allergy).
- Pre-treatment only works if given at least 12 hours prior to contrast load.
- When using fiberoptic scope for intubation, place the ETT in the nare almost all the way before putting the scope in - will place your view right above the cords from the start.
- Use lots of nebulized and spray lidocaine for awake intubations.