Adam Brunfeldt, M.D.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage needs to be on your differential for syncope but keep in mind that neuroimaging is only indicated if the H&P suggests (pt on warfarin, >65yo, or possible trauma).
- Black widow spider bite? Think:
- They produce a neurotoxin (latrotoxin).
- Centrally-spreading pain that eventually causes crampy abdominal/chest symptoms.
- Narcotics and benzodiazepines are first-line therapies
- Consider rhabdomyolisis.
- Antivenin indicated in refractory cases.
- Five places that you can exsanguinate:
- The Floor