Adam Brunfeldt, MD
- involve the helper and the instructional trifold early! (both of these are always with the patient)
- Doppler BP is normally 70-80 mmHg, and pulses can be intermittent (normal)
- check clinical perfusion, coags, and alarms upon arrival... then switch power source (batteries or power module).
- prophylaxis dose is 250 units of tetanus immunoglobuin IM for dirty wounds, unvaccinated patient
- treatment dose is 6000 units (3000 if peds) IM, surgical consult for debridement, flagyl, and tons of valium.