Matthew D. Sullivan, MD
- Succinct Consultation is a required skill set for Emergency Physicians
- In order to maximally improve your communications in consultation you must practice.
- Pitfalls in consultation include: consultation at night, cross-covering physicians, change of shift.
- Anticipating stumbling blocks in consultation is the best way to avoid consultative miscues.
Matt Sullivan, M.D.
- Billing is best accomplished through great documentation as a communication to those who do your coding.
- Remember that OBS care requires all three of the PMH, SocHx, FamHx be documented.
- Procedural billing for lacerations is length and complexity based.