Mike Runyon, MD
- Level of personal protective equipment (PPE):
- Level A: a self-contained breathing apparatus and a totally encapsulating chemical-protective suit.
- Level B: a positive-pressure respirator and nonencapsulated chemical-resistant garments, gloves, and boots.
- Level C: consists of an air-purifying respirator and nonencapsulated chemical-resistant clothing, gloves, and boots.
- Level D: consists of standard work clothes without a respirator.
- Vesicants, also known as blistering agents, initially cause erythema and itching. They quickly progress to blisters that appear similar to those of second-degree burns.
- Accelerated idioventricular rhythm should not be treated with anti-arrthymics